Saturday, April 2, 2011

Minecraft!

Hey everyone, I've decided that I'm going to take a break and not make a vlog today. I just don't have a whole lot to talk about right now anyway. But it has definitely been a good weekend, and I hope all of your weekends are going well also.

So, I did get minecraft a few days ago, and it is awesome! Seriously, anyone who has heard of this game should get it asap, and if you haven't heard of or seen it then look it up. It looks extremely simplistic, and it kind of is, but it provides the simple pleasure playing with legos once did in a more interesting way. The central focus is on creativity, exploration and survival, if you decide to let the little monsters roam your world. While there isn't a whole lot of action in fighting, which isn't a problem since most of the time you'll want to avoid monsters anyway unless you're farming for a resource they give, watching your little "safety hole" in the beginning turn into a cave, castle, bunker or whatever else you want to make it is immensely satisfying.

For those wondering how I am doing in my own game, I have a pretty good "home" set up that resembles a bunker (at least to me). I've contemplated putting a giant sword on top of it made of steel iron and calling it the sword base, lol, but maybe not. Later, much much later, I'd like to dig out all the dirt and stone that I'm leaving and replace them with iron blocks.

I also have another mine that I started where I farm some sand, because my base has needed a bit of glass. In this other mine (which I only had built so I could stay safe at night and not have to travel back and forth hauling sand back to my base) I have dug to the bedrock and made a number of other branching paths. I think it may be bigger than my bunker at this point.

Anyway, I think that's all I have to talk about for this blog post. I hope you all enjoyed reading it. Shalom!

No comments:

Post a Comment