Friday, December 24, 2010

Hi world! (A new beginning)

Hey all, I'm back! It's been a long time since I've posted on here, and I felt like returning to it. There will be a lot of changes to my blog, including a hope of more regular posting. Other than that, we'll just see what changes along the way, but input from you all is more than welcome. I want to make this as interesting and enjoyable to read as it is to write. You know, a blog is kinda like a journal. Except everyone sees it, so it's more fun!

Well, currently I'm looking forward to Christmas, of course :). I know everything that I'm getting, however, since my mom didn't have time to shop this year. She sent my dad and I out with the instructions "go get what's on your list." Well, okay, no problem. So, the mystery isn't quite there, but it's still kinda nice. I guess I'm getting to the age where if I want Christmas to be magical again, I'll have to get married and have a kid. Or kids, since I'd rather have more than one. As Psalm 127: 3-5 says:
"3 Children are a heritage from the LORD,
offspring a reward from him.
4 Like arrows in the hands of a warrior
are children born in one’s youth.
5 Blessed is the man
whose quiver is full of them.
They will not be put to shame
when they contend with their opponents in court."

Wow, from being gone for a long time to talking about Christmas to talking about kids. What else can I jump to? Necromorphs! I'm quite excited for Dead Space 2 to come out! January twenty-. . .something. I should look into if a pre-order grants any special goodies with the game. Since I'm helping my dad out at the house, he's paying me, so I'll actually have the money to buy it! Cause I was irresponsible with my summer job money.

I'm starting to try to get into a Star Wars RPG with some friends of mine. It's really cool! Okay, geeky I suppose is how most would think of it, but that's fine, I own up to the fact that I have many geekish tendencies and interests. I still like Pokemon, I'd almost rather own a sword than a gun, and my favorite article of clothing, supposing I had one, would be a cloak.

Anyway, I didn't really keep with a theme here, and don't have much more to say that's just random right now, so you guys can just look forward to my next post. I think it'd be cool to share some of my testimony some time, but maybe I'll let you guys get to know me a little more first. And wait for more people to actually know that this blog exists ;). Shalom!

P.S. Two things. First, in the beginning of this, I spoke of changes. I think I should change the name of my blog. It's not that I don't like mine, it's just that, well. . .I dunno, it seems kinda snubby. Like I take myself seriously or something. Let me know some ideas, those few of you that actually read this! Also, since I have a hard time thinking of things to talk about in my blogs, give me some suggestions! There's not many topics that I won't touch, and I'm not exactly a secretive guy, so don't be shy. (Hey that rhymed!)

Second, let me know if you guys want me to post more poetry I've written. I've gotten a bit better, I think. I just didn't seem to get many responses from my other poems, so I'm making the assumption that people aren't interested. But let me know if I'm misled! I welcome being told that I'm wrong, because then I'm just that much closer to being right!

P.S. #2 (I'll probably do a lot of these in my blogs). I'd like to shout out a happy birthday to someone special who was once a part of my life, and in many ways still is. I won't mention a name(a few of you might be able to guess), but I hope her day was wonderful, and all the happiness in life :).

No comments:

Post a Comment